Meeting of the finance committee of Stourport-on-Severn Town Council
Tuesday 4 February 2020. 3pm
Mayor’s Parlour, The Civic Centre, New Street, Stourport-on-Severn
1. To receive apologies for absence.
2. To confirm the Minutes of the Meeting of the Committee held on the 12th November 2019. (Appendix 1)
3. Declarations of Interest - to invite Members to declare any interest in any item on this Agenda.
4. Annual Audit for the year ended 31st March 2019. To receive the External Auditor’s Report dated 16th September 2019, which provides a fully unqualified Certificate and Opinion. (Appendix 2)
5. Review of Mayoralty. To review the adequacy of the Mayoralty paid each year to the Town Mayor under the provisions of Section 176 of the Local Government Act 1972 and the allowance paid to the Deputy Mayor.
The Town Council’s policy has been to increase the allowances by inflation which is estimated to be 1.3%. If this is applied, the Mayoralty would increase from £4,906 to £4,970 and the allowance to the Deputy Mayor would increase from £946 to £958 in 2020-21; both with effect from the Annual Meeting of the Council to be held on the 12th May 2020.
6. Risk Assessment Review. To assess risks within the services and operations conducted by the Council and to decide upon appropriate measures to avoid, reduce or control the risk of is consequences. (Appendix 3)
7. Parks Committee – to receive the recommendations in Minute Number 5 of the Meeting of the Parks Committee held on the 28th January 2020. (Appendix 4)
8. To consider the report of the Treasurer on the appended Budget for the Year ending 31st March 2021, including any expenditure service options. (Appendix 5)
9. Arising from consideration of the foregoing Agenda items and to the report of the Treasurer, to recommend to the Meeting of the Council to be held on 10th February 2020 the level of the Council’s:-
- Budgeted expenditure for the year 2020-21, and
- Precept on the District Council for the year 2020-21.
Any other business in accordance with Standing Orders.