Stourport-on-Severn Town Council has 18 Town Council Members. The town is divided into 6 Electoral Wards. View Councillor Information.
Elections are generally held every four years. The last town council elections were in May 2023.
The Town Council services include:
- Owning and maintaining parkland
- Open space land
- Two allotment garden sites
- A cemetery
- Common land
- Town centre gardens which include the War Memorial Gardens
- Letting of start up business units at The Civic Centre
- Community engagement on public issues
- Riverside paddling pool
- Riverside toilets
The Town Council is financed mainly by the residents of Stourport-on-Severn and money is raised by the Town Council precepting on the District Council which then collects the Precept from local residents via the District Council’s Council Tax demand. The Precept is paid to the Town Council in two half-yearly stages.