Minutes of a meeting of Stourport-on-Severn Town Council
Held on Tuesday 12 April 2022 6.30pm at Coroners' court, Civic Centre, Stouport-on-Severn
In the chair The Town Mayor - (Councillor D C Russell)
Councillors T Berry; C Barnett; B Dawes; M Freeman; P Harrison; K Henderson; V Higgs; D Little; R Lloyd; N Martin; D Sheppard; J Thomas; H Williams
108. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
Apologies for absence were received from Councillors J Griffiths, B Jones, C Rogers and G M Talbot.
It was RESOLVED that the Minutes of the Meeting of the Council held on 8th February 2022 be confirmed as a correct record and signed by the Chairman.
110. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
Councillor Henderson declared an Other Disclosable Interest in Agenda Item No. 8 – Minutes of the Planning Committee Tuesday 1st March 2022, Minute Number 70(g) - WF.22/0109/CLE, Kings Arms, 21 Redhouse Road, Stourport-on-Severn, Worcestershire, DY13 ONN as he had a close connection with the landlord.
111. PUBLIC QUESTION TIME
There was no public speaking.
112. MOTIONS SUBMITTED UNDER STANDING ORDERS
No motions had been received in accordance with Section 6 of the Council’s Standing Orders.
113. PRESENTATION FROM FULLFIBRE
Council received a presentation from Matt Smith from FullFibre regarding broadband in Stourport. The presentation is appended to these minutes.
114. MAYORS COMMUNICATIONS
115. PLANNING COMMITTEE MINUTES – 1ST MARCH AND 5TH APRIL 2022
The Chairman of the Planning Committee advised Council that the recommendation on WF.22/0043/FUL should read “Deferred” and not “Recommend Approval”. Subject to this being changed, the minutes of the meetings held on 1st March 2022 and 5th April 2022 be approved. He also advised that he would be attending the Wyre Forest District Council Planning meeting to be held on Tuesday 19th April 2022 to speak on Planning Application No. WF.21/1064/HYB – Formers Parsons Chain, Worcester Road, Stourport-on-Severn.
116. VERBAL UPDATE FROM THE CHAIRMAN OF THE LOCALISM WORKING PARTY
The Chairman of the Localism Working Party provided Council with the following update:
- Riverside Toilets – the toilets would be closed on 25th/26th April 2022 for installation of the new hygiene equipment and it was planned that the Town Council would take ownership on Wednesday 27th April 2022. All repairs had been completed.
- Stourport Community Centre – This was still ongoing.
- Elizabeth Mills Centre – Wyre Forest District Council had agreed to pay for repairs to the boundary wall. Once this had been completed, transfer could take place.
- Britannia Gardens Play Area – now under the ownership of Stourport Town Council.
117. UPDATE FROM COUNCILLOR B DAWES ON SAFER NEIGHBOURHOOD WATCH
Council received an update from PC Sam Maher on speeding issues, retail crime.
118. QUEEN’S PLATINUM JUBILEE CELEBRATIONS
The Town Clerk advised Council that preparations were underway for celebrations for the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee celebrations. Stourport Community Centre would be used during the day. The Town Council had signed up for a Beacon Trail around the town centre and 7 local businesses had signed up. This would be publicised in due course.
119. Update from Councillors N Martin and J Thomas (Cabinet Members FOR Wyre Forest District Council) and Councillors p Harrison and C Rogers (Stourport County Council Councillor)
Councillor Martin informed Council that Wyre Forest District Council were holding a extraordinary meeting on Tuesday 26th April 2022 to discuss adopting the local plan. Town Councillors were welcome to attend the meeting and observe.
The Town Clerk reported that Accounts for February 2022 totalling £66,683.14 and April totalling £30,328.65 had been paid since the last meeting and it was RESOLVED that the report be noted and approved. A Schedule of the Accounts paid was appended at the end of these Minutes, in the Council’s Minute Book, and was available for general inspection.
121. ANY OTHER BUSINESS
There was no other business.
The meeting closed at 7.24pm.
The meeting closed at