Minutes of a meeting of STOURPORT-ON-SEVERN TOWN COUNCIL
Held on TUESDAY 1ST DECEMBER 2020 6.00PM at Via Zoom
In the chair The Town Mayor - Councillor K Henderson
Councillors Councillors: Mrs C Barnett, T Berry, Mrs J Griffiths, P B Harrison, Mrs V Higgs, B Jones, D Little, R Lloyd, Mrs N Martin, C Rogers, D C Russell, D Sheppard, G M Talbot, J Thomas and H Williams.
It was RESOLVED that the Minutes of the Meeting of the Council held on Tuesday 3rd November 2020 be confirmed as a correct record and signed by the Mayor.
73. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
Apologies for absence were received from Councillors: Mrs B Dawes and M Freeman.
It was RESOLVED that the Minutes of the Meeting of the Council held on 3rd November 2020 be confirmed as a correct record and signed by the Mayor.
75. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
There were no declarations of interest.
76. PUBLIC QUESTION TIME
No public had registered to speak.
77. MAYORS COMMUNICATIONS
The Mayor and Deputy Mayor’s engagements were circulated and noted. He thanked everyone for their support throughout the year.
78. APPROVAL OF THE PLANNING COMMITTEE MINUTES OF 24TH NOVEMBER 2020 AND APPROVE AUTHORISATION FOR RECOMMENDATIONS WHERE APPLICABLE
The Chairman of the Planning Committee informed Council of the planning application recommendations to be made to the district council. The minutes of the meeting held on 24th November 2020 were approved.
79. UPDATE FROM COUNCILLOR MRS B DAWES ON SAFER NEIGHBOURHOOD WATCH
In the absence of Councillor Mrs Dawes, The Town Clerk informed Members that the police were running a burglary campaign in Stourport throughout the month of December 2020.
80. UPDATE FROM COUNCILLORS MRS N MARTIN (CABINET MEMBERS FOR WYRE FOREST DISTRICT COUNCIL) AND COUNCILLORS P HARRISON & C ROGERS (STOURPORT COUNTY COUNCIL COUNCILLORS)
Councillors Mrs Martin & Thomas informed Council of the following:
- The budget consultation for the district council was due to end on 10th December 2020.
- Free parking for the Christmas period in car parks across the Wyre Forest district had come into force.
- A drive-in carol service was being held on the Severn Meadows car park in Stourport – Councillor Thomas would confirm the date, either 13th or 14th December 2020.
- Tree planting was being carried out on the former Wyre Forest golf course. There was nothing to report from the County Councillors.
81. UPDATE FROM COUNCILLOR C ROGERS ON STOURPORT FORWARD
Councillor Rogers informed Members that Stourport Forward had a new website – www.stourporttown.co.uk. Stourport Forward were a not for profit organisation promoting Stourport in terms of tourism, attractions and businesses. They owned the Bramble boat which was used to teach the heritage of the town to school children. They also held ghost walks around the town. Councillor Mrs Martin left the meeting at this point, (6.30pm). In response to a Member question, it was confirmed that Stourport Forward had a new Chairman. Councillor Rogers would ask the members of Stourport Forward if anyone would be interested in getting involved with the Events Committee the Town Council were to set up.
82. APPROVAL OF THE FINANCE MINUTES FROM ITS MEETING HELD ON 12TH NOVEMBER 2020
In response to a question, the Town Clerk informed Members that an item on the Twinning Committee would be on the Council agenda in January 2021. The minutes from the meeting held on 12th November 2020 were approved.
The Town Clerk reported that Accounts for November 2020 totalling £27,948.18 had been paid since the last meeting and it was RESOLVED that the reports be noted and approved. A Schedule of the Accounts paid was appended at the end of these Minutes, in the Council’s Minute Book, and was available for general inspection.
84. ANY OTHER BUSINESS
There was no other business.
The meeting closed at 6.41pm