Meeting of Stourport-on-Severn Town Council
Tuesday 8 September 2020
To receive apologies for absence.
To confirm and sign the minutes of the Meeting of the Council held on 14 July 2020.
Declarations of Interest - to invite Members to declare any Disclosure Pecuniary Interests (DPIs) and/or Other Disclosable Interests (ODIs) in the following items on this Agenda.
To receive such communications as the Mayor may desire to submit. View Mayoral engagements since previous meeting
To consider the following applications for planning permission, together with any applications received since the publication of this Agenda, and to make recommendations thereon to the District Council:
- WF.20/0393/HOU – Revised Application - Proposed single storey rear extension at 7 Mitton Street, Stourport-on-Severn, Worcestershire DY13 9AF. Looks fine now. Recommend Approval.
- WF.20/0410/HOU - Retrospective erection of replacement boundary fence at 37 Stagborough Way, Stourport-on-Severn, Worcestershire DY13 8SY. Already refused. Contrary to Policy.
- WF.20/0593/HOU - Erection of first floor side extension with two-storey rear extension and installation of a glazed balcony to rear at 4 The Ridgeway, Stourport-on-Severn, Worcestershire DY13 8XT. Following a site visit, I am of the opinion that the balcony will not cause an issue of overlooking as it will be obscure glazed to the side to protect the privacy of number 2.
- WF.20/0597/FUL – Change of use from restaurant to hot food takeaway at 8 High Street, Stourport-on-Severn, Worcestershire DY13 8DH. Waiting for comments from consultees.
- WF.20/0620/HOU – Erection of first floor extension and detached garage at 33 Bewdley Road. Stourport-on-Severn, Worcestershire DY13 8XG. No Objections received. Approval under delegated powers recommended.
- WF.20/0624/S73 - Removal of Condition 17 attached to Planning Permission 19/0054/FULL (which limits occupation of the site to between 1 March and 31st March only)
CONDITIONS NUMBER(S): 17 – LIMITING OCCUPATION OF THE SITE TO BETWEEN 1ST MARCH & 31ST OCTOBER ONLY
SEE ACCOMPANYING DOCUMENTS
CONDITION 17 SHOULD BE REMOVED.
CONDITIONS 15 & 16 ENSURE THE CARAVANS ARE FOR HOLIDAY PURPOSES ONLY, AND CONDITION 19 ENSURE THE SITE IS SAFELY EVACUATED IN THE EVENT OF A FLOOD. CONDITION 17 IS THEREFORE A NULLITY. At Stourport Sports Centre, Harold Davies Drive, Stourport on Severn, Worcestershire DY13 0AA
- WF.20/0648/HOU – Erection of first floor rear extension at 25 Stagborough Way, Stourport-on-Severn, Worcestershire DY13 8SS. I have not been to site but I think that the extension will be ok.
- WF.20/0661/S73 – Variation of condition 5 attached to Planning Approval SU/29/74 to allow occupancy of caravans for 11 months (closed January) at Stourport Motor Yacht and Bungalow Association Club, Moorhall Lane, Stourport-on-Severn, Worcestershire DY13 8RD. Should be ok subject to consultee comments.
- WF.20/0677/HOU – Single storey rear extension with ramp access, following demolition of conservatory at 18 Malham Road, Stourport-on-Severn, Worcestershire DY13 8NN. A site visit is needed to ascertain whether there is a breach of the 45 degree code.
- WF.20/0679/HOU – Proposed two storey rear extension and single storey side extension at 14 Heathlands, Stourport-on-Severn, Worcestershire DY13 9NS. The proposed extension appears to be acceptable in relation to the building in terms of size, and will not impact upon light levels received by neighbouring properties; however I am yet to visit the site to assess the potential impact upon the street scene.
Arising from consideration of the applications for planning permission under Agenda Item 7 above, to determine whether there is any application, or applications, in respect of which the Council wishes to submit representations direct to the District Council’s Planning (Development Management) Committee.
To report the decisions of Wyre Forest District Council in respect of past planning applications.
Consultation - Wyre Forest District Payphone, High Street, Stourport.
To consider a request, from BT, for the removal of the payphone in High Street, Stourport, due to insufficient use.
To receive an update from Councillor Mrs B Dawes on Safer Neighbourhood Watch.
To consider whether or not Public Speaking should be added to the agenda for future Town Council Meetings.
To receive an update from Councillors Mrs N Martin and J Thomas (Cabinet Members of Wyre Forest District Council) and Councillors P Harrison and C Rogers (Stourport County Council Councillors).
To approve the Finance Minutes from its meeting held on 2nd September 2020.
Exclusion of the Press and Public
To consider passing the following resolution: “That under Section 100A(4) of the Local Government Act 1972 the press and public be excluded from the meeting during the consideration of the following item of business on the grounds that it involves the likely disclosure of “exempt information” as defined in paragraph 3 of Part 1 of Schedule 12A to the Act”.
To receive an update from the Chairman of the Localism Working Party meeting on 25th August 2020.
Any other business in accordance with Standing Orders.